Not applying for roles until you’re till 100% ready?
Wondering how to better manage your professional impact?
Not sure your communication is leaving the right impression?
STEP IN. SPEAK UP. STAND OUT.
Are you ready to enhance your leadership brand?
When navigating our careers, women often wait until they are 100% ready before stepping forward for opportunities. Sometimes we work hard as the ‘good girl’ or the ‘quiet achiever’ relying on our capability alone to propel our careers; sometimes we push assertively and get labelled as ‘aggressive’ for our efforts. Other times we know we are capable and confident but find ourselves overlooked.
What’s going on? How do we change this picture?
Being great at your job is not always enough to move your career forward. Current research shows that women still face greater barriers to advancement and a harder path to senior leadership, but it doesn't have to be this way. With access to the unwritten rules of a male dominated environment, we can strategically manage our careers and leadership brands in a way that works for us.
This is not about turning into someone you’re not; it’s about simple yet powerful techniques for navigating your career, finding your voice and taking your place at the table.
Leading out loud is a program to give women the confidence, communication strategies and cultural insight to actively manage their leadership careers.
It’s about building presence, improving visibility and strategically managing the right professional impact.
In the program we will:
- Understand the impact of confidence on risk taking, self-promotion, reputation and results
- Explore personal and positional power and how that impacts confidence, visibility and results
- Learn the communication habits that kill leadership credibility
- Apply key behaviours to be heard, seen and to make an impact in meetings and presentations
- Foster new networks with like-minded women
- Develop strategies for support through sponsorship and mentoring
PROGRAMS FOR 2017
Women in Leadership Masterclass
When: Tuesday, 22nd August 2017
Where: VU Convention Centre, Victoria University, Level 12, 300 Flinders St, Melbourne, 3000
Time: 9am to 5pm
Cost: $1320 (inc gst)